Remanufactured 5.7L Pre-Vortec Marine Base Engine with Carburetor (replaces years 1996-present)
This is a completely remanufactured 5.7L/350 c.i. Vortec marine base engine. This engine will replace those 5.7L marine engines used in Mercruiser, Volvo Penta, Crusader, Indmar, Marine Power, and other applications between the years 1987-1995. This engine has the steel timing cover, 12 intake manifold bolts, and accepts a mechanical fuel pump.
Our Remanufactured engines are totally remanufactured to the original blueprints and exact OEM specifications, and are tested to original equipment standards. Note that ALL of our remanufactured marine engines are bored, decked, and blueprinted on a CNC machine making these units some of the best in the industry. Read more about our remanufacturing process here.
This "Extended Base Engine" Package includes:
- remanufactured engine block, heads, crankshaft, all new internal engine components
- valve covers
- timing cover
- oil pan
- harmonic balancer
- circulation water pump
- 14" I/O flywheel
- 4bbl Edelbrock 2506 intake manifold
- remanufactured 4bbl Edelbrock carburetor (or choose from above options)
- flame arrestor
- Delco Voyager ignition system
- 1 year parts & labor warranty
- NO core charge!
- 1 Piece Rear Main Seal
- Standard rotation
- Intake Manifold: 8 bolt
- Cylinders: 90 Degree V8 Cylinder
- Composition Ratio: 9.4:1
- Bore: Standard
- Firing Order: 1-6-5-4-3-2
- Oil Pan Capacity: 5 quarts
- Oil Type: SAE 15W40 Pennzoil Marine
- Horsepower: 275hp @ 4800 RPM (4bbl carbureted)
Marine Engines 4 Less' 10-Step Remanufacturing Process
- Step 1: Before cores are disassembled, we inspect each and every one and scrap any cores that are corroded in any manner that will prevent the engine from being just as durable as the new engines from the factory. Marine engines have to be tougher than your standard engine - we know this and choose only the best blocks, typically those used solely in fresh water.
- Step 2: Tear Down – Cores are taken apart completely.
- Step 3: Oven Cleaning - Engine blocks and crankshafts are put through an oven to remove any particles of residue left over from core material.
- Step 4: Steel Shot Cleaning - Engine blocks are run through a steel-shot machine, for about 30 minutes each. This cleans the block further and removes any more residue left over from core material.
- Step 5: Cleaning – engine blocks and other core material are cleaned. Core material is run through an ultrasonic cleaner.
- Step 6: Machining – Engine blocks are bored, decked (resurfaced), and blueprinted to OEM specifications on a Rottler CNC machine. After this process the engine block is more precise than factory new.
- Step 7: Honing - Engine blocks are honed in a Rottler automated hone using diamond stones.
- Step 8: Cleaning - Engine blocks are cleaned after CNC machining and honing.
- Step 9: Assembly – engines are assembled as base engine (longblocks with tin) and are ready to be tested on our Sim Test machine.
- Step 10: Testing – engines are tested on a Sim Test machine, where they are spun to 1000 RPM's, primed, and compression tested and checked for oil leaks. After this step, the engine is ready to be shipped or have additional accessories put on it.
Our Shipping Policy
We ship our engines all over the world. In the domestic US, we ship via FedEx Freight, although on occasion other freight carriers may be used. We usually need a 1 business day handling time on our engines. Please give us a call at 888-364-4537 or by email at email@example.com to request a shipping quote.
Our standard shipping cost is shipping to a business location or to the closest freight terminal to you. A list of Fedex Freight terminals can be found here
Residential Delivery with liftgate adds $75 to the shipping cost.
Our engines have been shipped all over the world. We usually ship via ocean and air freight depending on how much of a rush our customers are in. To request a shipping quote please email us at info@marineengines4less with the following information:
- item part #
- desination country and postal code
We'll get back to you quickly with a shipping quote!